Friday, March 16, 2012

B34. I'm not Stupid, but I'm a Christian

Many of today’s Christian churches seem to have added a Vow of Stupid.  In order to be a member in good standing, one must sign in agreement to The Stupid Creed:

      1.  I reject science as in opposition to God.
      2.  A woman's purpose in life is to serve her husband.
      3.  God is the leader of my political party.
      4.  Gay people can choose to be straight.
      5.  Education makes people less spiritual.
Thankfully there are Christian churches that don't practice this Creed.  The word “Christian” means “follower of Christ.”  A follower of Christ is one who commits his/her life to the life and teachings of Jesus.  It takes little time and effort to read through the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and to see that there's little resemblance between the Christ of Christianity and the manifestations seen in some of our churches.
Christians, don’t adopt the creed!  It makes you stupid, and it has NOTHING to do with Jesus!
I am proud to call myself a Christian, the Jesus-focused kind.


Related posts:

No comments: