Tuesday, October 8, 2024

B189. Antichrist

 I grew up in the 1960s and 70s as almost part of the woodwork of Charity Baptist Church in Boonville, NC. My family was there every Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening, and any other time the doors were open. In Vacation Bible School I pledged allegiance to the Bible and memorized Bible passages. In Sunday School I participated in “Bible Drills,” racing to be the first to find a called out Bible verse. My family “read the Bible through in a year” at the dinner table, and my mom and I played Bible board games.


In those childhood years, I remember hearing many sermons warning us about the coming of “the antichrist,” “anti” meaning “opposite of.” The antichrist would be a world-known leader, a christ/savior figure from the dark side, a satan, attracting and pulling away multitudes of followers. He would spew blasphemy and lies, stand for everything Christ did not, and be everything anti-Christ.

As a child, I could not imagine why anyone would follow such a man.

(1 Jn 2:18; 2:22; 4:3; 2 Jn 1:7; Jn 8:44; 1 Cor 15:33; Gal 5:22-23, Mt 24:5)

No comments: